Tuesday, November 6, 2012

T shirt crocheted basket

We decided to do a few craft shows and needed something to hold our recycled business cards in. The cards are made from printing on the back of cereal boxes then cut out. The basket was made by cutting some t-shirts into long strips and making a t-shirt yard, then following the crochet pattern for any heavy weight basket. I just wing mine, after crocheting for most of my life I find it easier to make up my own patterns. This basket turned out to be about 12" in diameter and stood about 8" tall, I rolled down the edge about 2" so the basket would hold its shape better. Worked out very well, and had a slouchy look to it. It is holding up great and when it gets dirty it just gets tossed into the wash,like any dirty t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment