Friday, November 16, 2012

Road Map Earrings

I wanted a cool pair of earrings but did not want to buy them. So I found a pair of earring posts in an old jewelry box, a coffee can lid, a ceral box and an old road map. I just cut the shapes out of the plastic coffee can lid and poked small holes in one end. I happen to have a small leather punch I used to make the holes, but a needle would work too. I used a glue stick and after I cut the cerael box and road map the same shapes I glued then together. You only need to put the road map on one side since the black plasic will cover the backside. I then put it all on the earring posts and there you have it. I have also used soda bottles, CD cases, snow pan sleds (I used a scroll saw to cut that, going slowly and spraying the material often to reduce the friction and heat). They will  not hold up in the rain but if you sealed them or used all plastic they will outlast us.

No comments:

Post a Comment