Thursday, November 1, 2012

Handmade pirate costume


We went to a pirate themed murder mystery party and we needed costumes. I was a standard pirate and Mike was the Innkeeper. So I went online and did  little research and here is the outcomes. My hat was made following this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvopk72Bx3Y&feature=plcp&noredirect=1 I made it from an old pair of suede pants a friend gave me, The rest of the leg parts are being used in a pair of boots. The top is an old top I had for years that needed a purpose. The corset I also used the link for, however after the first attempt I kind of winged the rest, oh that fabric was from another project. The pants came from my jobs lost and found. If you forget your stuff you have 90 days to call us. If you don't, well some of it comes to me :-) The boots are my Burningman boots that I have worn there for about 5 seasons, originally bought at the thrift store. The necklace I made from some cording, I had acquired someplace and a beautiful stone, once again found laying around. It is amazing what you see laying around when you really look. The pouch I made from scraps pieces of suede and some suede I had left over from who knows what LOL.

Mike wanted a large apron, so I grabbed a white sheet I got free from a hotels stained sheet give away LOL The vest was one my grandma crocheted YEARS ago in NJ. The pouch, yes same scrap suede pieces. Now the gun is most amazing. Mike grabbed a few pieces of wood, black electrical tape and a long funnel and turned it into this LOL The swords are both from cardboard, electrical tape and duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment