Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dog fur scarf

Keisha showed me how to spin wool. I didn't have any wool, so I put the word out to friends that I needed some dog fur from a long haired, large dog. Sure enough I had some offers. This scarf was made from the late Dozer, a New Finland, he was HUGE. Mike made me a drop spindle with a drum stick and wooden disc was was suppose to be the bottom of a pine needle basket. We found the carders at the local thrift store, Once complete and many soaks in luke warm soapy water and drying in the sun you can no longer small the dog. Plus I have found thru a little bit of research that dog fur is suppose to be about 60% warmer then sheeps wool. There are many videos on the web that will show you how to use a drop spindle and I am sure the local dog groomer might be able to help you with getting the fur, or just ask your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment