Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Handsewn Wool boots

I thought I would start this blog with my lastest creation. These boots have the soles of the water shoes I wore this past summer and the uppers are made from a wool/ flannel lined hood that came off a winter cloak. The cloak was SOOO heavy and when I cut the gathering at the neck line out we had a big enough piece or wool/ flannel lined fabric that was now use it as a blanket on our large couch. It is so warm and toasty I decided to use the hood for the main part of the uppers on my boots. The rest of the fabric was some scrap gray canvas I had left over from another project. I only wished I had left part of the neoprene water shoe upper on. It would have been easier to attach and I think the fit of the soles out have been better. I will remember this for the next pair I already have in mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment