Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pill bottle veggie garden markers


While getting ready to plant some seeds in the mini greenhouse my hubby made me I was trying to figure out a way to mark my veggies. So I did 2 things. The 1st things was to save all out toilet paper cardboard tubes. Then I put them in the soil and planted my seeds in the middle of the tubes. This way was things grow if it is outside a tube it is most likely a weeds and the worms love eating them, 
The second thing was to grab my old pill bottles and some skewers. I drilled a little hole in the bottle of each bottle and then put it on a skewer. I then wrote the name of the plant on a scrap piece of paper and put that in the bottle then the lid. All done just put the skewer in the dirt to identify your plants. 
Now I realize I can write the main info on the paper inside also, things like watering, feeding, harvest days etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment