Friday, April 17, 2015

Recycled Denim creations





I found a box of denim jeans that I was saving for that just right project, and I had enough for a project. I took the box of denim and gave myself 1 week to do something. Well instead of one creation I made three :-) The first blanket was made with just strips sewn together and then the edges frayed. 
The center picture is of hot pads made from the seams of all the denim jeans I had. I hot glues them in to circles that are the perfect size and look more like art then a hot pad.
The 2nd blanket is my favorite and took the longest, but well worth the extra time. Each line of stitch is a different stitch that my sewing machine can do. I wanted to play with those most forgotten stitches. 
1 box of denim jeans and one week, I wonder what my next box will be full of :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment